Any Individual may apply for an Associate Membership. An associate membership costs $100 annually and includes a subscription to the CHOA Journal, access to publications, seminars and workshops however advisory services are limited to questions relating to the associate member’s individual strata lot only.
Advisory Services by Phone, Email and In Office meetings (CHOA has full-time strata advisors in each of our 3 offices to assist our members with the following topics)
- The Strata Property Act
- General operations of the strata corporation
- The responsibility, duties and authority of strata council
- The responsibility, duties and authority of strata lot owners
- Resources of other services or industries associated with strata properties
- Preliminary strata bylaw review and assistance
- Legislative changes
- Depreciation Reports
The CHOA Journal is published four times per year. It contains technical articles written by various industry professionals. The Journal offers strata owners advice and information regarding all facets of strata living. Goals of the Journal are to bring together strata related news and provide strata owners with the opportunity to increase their knowledge about strata living.
Strata Land Title Search Services
This service is only available to CHOA members. Documents that may be accessed include:
- Registered Strata Plan
- General Index
- Common Index
- Registered Bylaws
- Schedule of Unit Entitlement
- Title Search
- Registered Mailing Address of the Strata Corporation
If your strata has a management company, please note that their business membership does not extend to their clients and therefore may not be used as a substitute for an associate or strata corporate membership.