Media, Submissions & Frequently Accessed Bulletins
- CHOA Information Release – Aug 26, 2021 AMBIGUITY AROUND MASK REQUIREMENTS CAUSES CONFUSION IN BC STRATA CORPORATIONS
Condo Smarts (Sept. 2, 2021): 300-957 Do we have to impose masks?
- CHOA Information Release – Aug 19, 2021: ELECTION TIME. WHAT CAN A STRATA CORPROATION CONTROL?
Canada Elections Act
- CHOA Information Release (November 20, 2020): How do the new health orders affect the 32,000 strata corporation in BC?
- CHOA release (June 23, 2020): Steps taken to reduce insurance costs a positive move for BC’s strata community
- BC Government Release (June 23, 2020): First steps to address rising insurance costs for strata owners
- BILL 14 – 2020 MUNICIPAL AFFAIRS AND HOUSING STATUTES AMENDMENT ACT (No. 2), 2020 – First Reading
- CHOA’s letter to the Honourable Selina Robinson and Honourable David Eby re: the state of strata insurance in BC (November 30, 2020)
- Facing the Insurance Renewal Crisis in British Columbia for Strata Corporations in 2020 (June 17, 2020)
Future Energy Shift Research Program
Do you live in a large apartment style strata or high rise and are willing to to contribute to future building and energy designs, plus take advantage of energy grants for your building? Carleton University is hosting a research project on gravity turbines in future multi family buildings and is looking for strata/condo corporations across the country to participate. Please see the below Future Energy Shift Research Program Invitation for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if your building qualifies.
Frequently Accessed Bulletins
- CHOA Bulletin 400-033: Sample – Demand Notice
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC): Privacy Guidelines for Strata Corporations and Strata Agents and PIPA and Strata Corporations: Frequently Asked Questions