Media, Submissions & Frequently Accessed Bulletins
- CHOA Information Release – January 24, 2022: NEW REGULATIONS WILL HELP ENSURE BETTER FUNDING FOR ESSENTIAL REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE IN A STRATA CORPRATION AND BETTER DISCLOSURE FOR BUYERS OF STRATA LOTS
OIC 0031-2023 – These regulatory amendments complete the changes executed under Bill 44 that apply to rentals and age restrictions.
OIC 0032-2023 – This OIC reflects the changes to CRF contributions and Form B Information Certificates introduced earlier today.
- CHOA Information Release – Nov 21, 2022: BC GOVERNMENT PROPOSES LEGISLATION THAT BANS STRATA CORPORATIONS FROM PROHIBITING RENTALS and accompanying letter to all BC MLA offices
- CHOA Information Release – July 1, 2022 1000 CONDO SMARTS COLUMN AND GROWING
- CHOA Information Release – Aug 26, 2021 AMBIGUITY AROUND MASK REQUIREMENTS CAUSES CONFUSION IN BC STRATA CORPORATIONS
Condo Smarts (Sept. 2, 2021): 300-957 Do we have to impose masks?
- CHOA Information Release – Aug 19, 2021: ELECTION TIME. WHAT CAN A STRATA CORPROATION CONTROL?
Canada Elections Act
- CHOA Information Release (November 20, 2020): How do the new health orders affect the 32,000 strata corporation in BC?
- CHOA release (June 23, 2020): Steps taken to reduce insurance costs a positive move for BC’s strata community
- BC Government Release (June 23, 2020): First steps to address rising insurance costs for strata owners
- BILL 14 – 2020 MUNICIPAL AFFAIRS AND HOUSING STATUTES AMENDMENT ACT (No. 2), 2020 – First Reading
- CHOA’s letter to the Honourable Selina Robinson and Honourable David Eby re: the state of strata insurance in BC (November 30, 2020)
- Facing the Insurance Renewal Crisis in British Columbia for Strata Corporations in 2020 (June 17, 2020)
Frequently Accessed Bulletins
- CHOA Bulletin 400-033: Sample – Demand Notice
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC): Privacy Guidelines for Strata Corporations and Strata Agents